"Our Family Serving Yours"
Welcome to the Cisco Fire Department
It is with great enthusiasm that I welcome you to the Cisco Fire Department web site. Established in 1881, Cisco is a combination department comprised of 4 Full -Time sworn personnel, 12 Part-Time and 12 volunteers. The City of Cisco is unique and rich in history. As the Chief, I am honored to serve with men and women who take pride in being a part of the Cisco Fire Department. It is our privilege to serve the residents of the City of Cisco, the workers who enter our city daily, and the many visitors.
The Cisco Fire Department’s goal is to improve department and public safety through intensive and specialized training., while increasing our response capabilities through cost effective measures.
Through professionalism, dedication, integrity and training the Cisco Fire Department works to safeguard the lives and property and to enhance the quality of life for the people of Cisco. This will be accomplished by providing a vast range of emergency services, strong public relations, and fire safety education. We also endeavor to protect and preserve the health of our membership and return our personnel safely to their families.
Our Core Values
Goals and Objectives
The goals of the Cisco Fire Department are to, through education and enforcement of adopted codes and ordinances, reduce fire events and their impact on the community, and to respond to those events efficiently and effectively. Respond to Emergency Medical Calls with integrity and with respect to our citizens during their time of need.
Walter A. Fairbanks Sr.
I understand that as a member of the Cisco Fire Department (CFD), I have the responsibility to conduct myself in a manner that reflects proper ethical behavior and integrity. In so doing, I will help foster a continuing positive public perception of the fire service. I understand that failing to abide by the CFD Code of Conduct* may result in the suspension or termination of my CFD membership. As a member of the CFD, I pledge the following:
• I will conduct myself, on and off duty, in a manner that reflects positively on me, my department, the NVFC, and the fire service in general, and avoid behaviors that damage or could damage the good reputation of the CFD or damages the morale or efficient operation of the CFD.
• I will be truthful and honest in all my dealings with and on behalf of the CFD and fire service that compromise the integrity of the fire service. There is an expectation that CFD members will not tolerate dishonest acts.
• It is not appropriate to use my CFD or my fire service membership to seek or obtain influence or gain for personal gain, preference, advantage, or advancement.
• Recognizing that I serve in a position of public trust that requires stewardship in the honest and efficient use of publicly owned resources, I will never misuse or misappropriate public or CFD funds, resources, or property.
• Recognizing that my position requires professionalism, competence, respect, and loyalty in the performance of my duties and use of information, confidential or otherwise, gained by virtue of my position, I will use such information only to benefit those I am entrusted to serve.
• I will avoid financial investments, outside employment, outside business interests or activities that conflict with or are enhanced by my official position or have the potential to create the perception of impropriety.
• I will not engage in activities involving alcohol or substance abuse that impairs the performance of my duties as a firefighter, EMS provider and CFD member and compromises the safety of
• I will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual preference, medical condition, or handicap.
• I will be courteous, considerate, and civil to all persons during the performance of my duties. CFD members shall be tactful in the performance of their duties and are expected to exercise the utmost patience and discretion even under the most trying of circumstances. I will not harass, intimidate, bully, or threaten fellow members of the fire service, the CFD, or the public and there is an expectation that NVFC will not tolerate such behaviors by others.
• It being essential for the CFD, including its individual members, to be held in the highest regard for honesty, character, and integrity, I shall refrain from any violent or criminal behavior, crimes of moral turpitude and shall refrain from publicly associating with known criminals.